A full service business broking firm
Sell A Business is a full service business broking firm operating across a number of different industries.
Our clients (business owners) range from private self-managed businesses, to high net worth individuals, corporate M&A, IPO transition, and private equity plays.
Our size and structure encourages open communication with both buyers and sellers – working together to reach the common goal.
As business owners ourselves, we are directly accountable for our actions. We are committed to the entrepreneurial spirit and maximizing returns for our clients.
Acquire, Divest, Transact are the three (3) key drivers of Sell A Business.
It’s about bringing buyers and sellers together to transact in a dynamic, refreshing, and transparent way.
Sell A Business is a business hub with a contact and referral network that includes some of the best legal, accounting, and business minds in the country. We work together, draw on others experiences and expertise, and never (ever) give up.
Sell A Business
John has a wealth of experience across multiple industry sectors.
John founded Sell A Business in 2001, and has a wealth of experience bringing buyers and sellers together to transact on businesses.
He has been self-employed since 1987 and has owned and operated a wide range of businesses in the publishing, event management, retail, and real estate sectors.
Prior to 1987, John worked at the Qld Tourist & Travel Corporation for Chairman Sir Frank Moore dealing with industry leaders and senior politicians across Australia.
- Publisher of “Collections South East Qld”, a hard cover tourist book which sat in 3500 hotel rooms in Brisbane, Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast.
- Channel 7 Street & Custom Car Show
- Christmas Clearance Sale (RNA Showgrounds)
- Boggo Road Jailhouse Rock Concert inside the walls of the once notorious Boggo Road Gaol
- Award winning real estate agent and auctioneer with the Ray White group.
Areas of Expertise
- Real Estate Industry: Rent Rolls & Business Sales (Qld, NSW & Vic)
- High end franchises between $750,000 – $3,000,000
- SME acquisitions between $1m-20m across numerous sectors
- Buyer advocacy role for private equity funds between $20m-$100m.
Professional Affiliations & Roles
- Certified Practicing Business Broker, AIBB (CPBB)
- Licensed Real Estate Agent & Auctioneer
- Transition Planning Australia (TPA) – Referral Partner
- Keynote Speaker at industry conferences and training events
- Has featured on 4BC Business Show (Nine Entertainment Co.)
- Charity Auctioneer (A.E.I.O.U, Sherrin Group, Qld Institute of Medical Research, Men of Football)
Sell, buy or invest in a business.
We have decades of experience and know how to match the right seller and buyer, take care of all the detail, and legally bind buyers from revealing confidential information during the sales process.
I want to thank you for handling the sale of my business Thornton Real Estate which comprised of three sales and property management offices, sixty staff and approximately 2,000 managed rental properties.
John, I am very confident that had you not been the broker handing the sale it would not have happened. Your attention to detail, buyer prospecting, negotiating skills with both the buyer and the funding bank, and your constant contact and communication with both myself and the buyer all contributed to a successful sale.
As you know you invested so much time in the process, and saved the sale time and time again. The sale took months to negotiate and then months to settle.
I appreciate the outstanding effort and help you gave me, even after the settlement of the sale.