As a result of buyers regularly asking us to find businesses for them we have decided to formalise the process. Sophisticated buyers look for specific acquisition targets so in this instance we are engaged by the buyer, not the seller.
There are many advantages to engaging us in an acquisition search:
- We identify exactly what the buyer is looking for in terms of industry sector, geographic location, return on investment and price.
- In a buyer advocacy role, we create an acquisition strategy and approach potential targets.
- Our direct, confidential approach is attractive to many business owners who would consider selling but don’t want to actively put their business on the market.
- With our database, referral partners and industry network connections we bring opportunities to buyers based on their requirements. Other brokers are happy to provide details of their listings as we are paid by our buyer and not seeking a conjunctional transaction.
The Sell A Business ‘Buyer Advocacy’ service covers:
- In-depth research and analysis of the buyer’s target industry
- Identify and approach potential targets
- Provide information from respondents to our approach
- Coordinate inspections and meetings with the seller
- Provide weekly feedback of businesses targeted and approached
- Negotiate terms and conditions of the offer
- Provide support through to completion with your legal and accounting advisors
(Costs associated with engaging Sell A Business as a buyer agent are available on request).